About Me

My photo
I am a crunchy Christian mom to four boys and one girl ♥ We are a homeschooling Family. Our family can't stay still for long. We are always on the move. Our homeschool is inspired by The Well Trained Mind, Waldorf, and a bit of Charlotte Mason. Our lives are inspired by The Word of God, Jesus, Miracles, and sunshine when we can find it.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Winter books

Well, we are back. I've been on Wordpress, but they don't allow you to put Amazon links in there. I really like the Amazon links...not because I want you to purchase books at Amazon...but I like the pictures and reviews about the books. I love books so much and it's nice to see all their pictures. Some books are so good that I can spot them anywhere.

Here are three sweet little books that go along perfectly with Winter! I really like finding good Winter books. We celebrate Christmas, but I often find a lot of Christmas books are just the same ole thing and some are just downright cheezy. I've been really working on trying to enjoy each season more since we move up here. We got snow twice this year...amazing. But, I don't want to develop SAD and I found this year by enjoying the season it really did help me a lot. I wasn't afraid to get wet or in the snow this Fall and Winter. I pretended I was a little kid who isn't bothered by anything when they want to play. I splashed in puddles in the parking lot with my toddler and I wasn't one bit embarassed with wet pants when I walked through the grocery store. I do think next year I'm going to get some golasshes though. I have some cool slip on shoes, but they aren't the same.



I love the illustrations in this book. Perfect for all you nature lovers.





Well, there is no picture for this one. But, it is beautiful black, white and red illustrations! Just lovely. There is another book with the same title, but I'm not sure if it's good. I know the other one has lots of colored illustrations. I love books with black and white illustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment