About Me

My photo
I am a crunchy Christian mom to four boys and one girl ♥ We are a homeschooling Family. Our family can't stay still for long. We are always on the move. Our homeschool is inspired by The Well Trained Mind, Waldorf, and a bit of Charlotte Mason. Our lives are inspired by The Word of God, Jesus, Miracles, and sunshine when we can find it.

Friday, October 31, 2008

I really love all the books...

Ambleside has so many good books. I suppose if I had just stuck with my earlier decision to go with Ambleside a few years back, I wouldn't feel the need to enjoy these books so much.

But, alas I have yet to read King Arthur. So, I'm reading it aloud.

My children have not really developed some of skills needed to accomplish the quantity and quality of work expected from Ambleside and one of my boys is special needs.

So, this week I'm planning in my schedule and I returned a few books to the library. I wanted to avoid the overwhelming feelings of getting everything done. I can't really keep track of so many readings at once and still insure the boys are 1-narrating, 2-comprehending, and 3-enjoying themselves. I know the fine line our family can tip over. I know what happens when they loose that love of learning. It's when all those great discussions and the questions disappear.

So, I'm working on limiting some of the books for Year 5 and Year 2. We can always do them later or during the summer. But, to loose joy and Great Discussions...just isn't worth it right now.

1 comment:

  1. I think that's a great idea! I love AO too and am doing my own "lite" version of Year 2 and 7. I'm still deciding if I want to jump completely in or not! That's the beauty of homeschooling... you can adapt it to meet your needs.

    ReplyDelete