About Me

My photo
I am a crunchy Christian mom to four boys and one girl ♥ We are a homeschooling Family. Our family can't stay still for long. We are always on the move. Our homeschool is inspired by The Well Trained Mind, Waldorf, and a bit of Charlotte Mason. Our lives are inspired by The Word of God, Jesus, Miracles, and sunshine when we can find it.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

January Plans



I'm working on my January Plans.  I better hurry up.

My youngest is learning about Winter and the changes of the seasons.  The other boys join in on books and activities.  Our little girl is sitting in on everything although she is often nursing or hanging out in the Ergo.   Here are some plans and thoughts about thing other might be interested in...


Plans, Activites, books...
I've gotten a ton of books from the library (I'll try to get some of them up here or on Goodreads.  You can see our Goodreads list in the sidebar.  I haven't been good about updating it though. 
Window stars here, here, and here.  I bought the kite or transparency paper from Nova Naturals.  
pinecone bird feeders.

Fingerknitting would be good to start now. 

Making candles would be fun.

We went on a hike today. I think I'm going to take them to the beach as well. It's been really sunny here. It's been so nice, I'm not as bothered by the cold this year.

I've gotten some good ideas from Dawn.

I got this book on ILL and it has a lot of fun activities.

I think we are going to celebrate Australia Day since it's coming up in our History studies.

I got the mini-trampoline out of the storage closet.

Start watching for the first birds and blossoms.
Force bulbs or branches.
Grow seeds in glass jars or an old aquarium.  We have a year round Terrarium.  Right now P is growing a bunch of stuff in it.  He has an apple tree and avocado tree started.  The apple tree is from the seed of an apple he ate.  





 
Butterfly Kit (I still need to order Butterflies).
String popcorn for trees. You can put out the ones you did for Christmas, too (if you do that).

No comments:

Post a Comment