About Me

My photo
I am a crunchy Christian mom to four boys and one girl ♥ We are a homeschooling Family. Our family can't stay still for long. We are always on the move. Our homeschool is inspired by The Well Trained Mind, Waldorf, and a bit of Charlotte Mason. Our lives are inspired by The Word of God, Jesus, Miracles, and sunshine when we can find it.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

2007 7 year old Reading List

Our 7 year old is still having some difficulties read well. I know he will be fine because I have watched my first child "struggle" as well. Personally, I have come to the conclusion that 7 year old boys are not suppose to read until they are 8. Most if not all of these will be read-alouds or read togethers. That means the older and younger child will probably be there for these, too. I'm thinking it might be fun to give them there own basket of books to work on each week. I'm still trying to figure how to give them structure you know.

* Are the books I will definitely include. I imagine those are going to be enough. But, I can always bump them to the next year right?
From Sonlight
The God's must be Angry All I can think of when I read that title is the San people.
Thailand
New Toes for Tia from Sonlight

And from Ambleside Year Two
*Heidi by Joanna Spyri
A Wonder Book by Nathaniel Hawthorne
Five Little Peppers and How They Grew by Margaret Sidney
Hans Christian Andersen fairy tales
Pied Piper of Hamlin by Robert Browning
Abraham Lincoln by Ingri D'Aulaire (I don't know about these books. I read a bad review of them. I will have to search for that and link to it here.)
Five Children and It by Edith Nesbit
*Little House on the Prairie, Farmer Boy... by Laura Ingalls Wilder (I'm just going to read this whole series through to them. I loved, loved, loved this as a child and I'm curious if boys could love them, too.)
*The Story of Doctor Dolittle by Hugh Lofting
*Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers Watch the movie afterwards and compare them
Brighty of the Grand Canyon by Marguerite Henry
*Mr. Popper's Penguins by Richard AtwaterI keep hearing so many good things about this one.
Otto of the Silver Hand by Howard Pyle (sensitive readers - be aware that the child loses a hand in this story)
Chanticleer and the Fox - Barbara Cooney's is one version
Along Came A Dog by Meindert De Jong
*The Door in the Wall by Marguerite De AngeliWe actually have this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment