About Me

My photo
I am a crunchy Christian mom to four boys and one girl ♥ We are a homeschooling Family. Our family can't stay still for long. We are always on the move. Our homeschool is inspired by The Well Trained Mind, Waldorf, and a bit of Charlotte Mason. Our lives are inspired by The Word of God, Jesus, Miracles, and sunshine when we can find it.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Peacemaker Grade 4 Week 28


DSC08447
Originally uploaded by OakBlossoms
In P.E., we played hockey outside.
Our caterpillars turned in to chrysalis. We got the caterpillars in a container. They ate this orangey brown stuff that was in the bottom of the container. Then they crawled to the top of the container. Then they hung upside down. Then they made chrysalis and their heads popped off. And then, red stuff oozed from the bottom of the chrysalis.
We dissected our owl pellets. Mine had a mole or a rat in it. I think it had two animals in it. Mine was the biggest. It smelled disgusting.

3 comments:

  1. I like the idea of having the kids write the report! Looks like owl pellets were a highlight! I think I'd agree with your 7th grader! Does your youngest wear his hat a lot? My 9 y/o has a habit of wearing his winter hat ALL the time! Made me think of that seeing the photo of your youngest! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our youngest boy is always wearing some outfit. He is especially fond of hats though. It was actually quite warm that day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owl pellets were a highlight for us a few weeks ago. They are definitely memorable.

    ReplyDelete