About Me

My photo
I am a crunchy Christian mom to four boys and one girl ♥ We are a homeschooling Family. Our family can't stay still for long. We are always on the move. Our homeschool is inspired by The Well Trained Mind, Waldorf, and a bit of Charlotte Mason. Our lives are inspired by The Word of God, Jesus, Miracles, and sunshine when we can find it.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Week 30




Oliver Twist

G-Grade 7 aka The Prophet

This week in math I did lesson 22.
In hand writing I did 2 pages.
I read a retelling of oliver twist by eyewitness in reading.
In writing I got a new writing book called jump in writing and I did most of the intro part.
In grammar I memorized prepositions.

E-Grade 1 aka The Warrior

Rubber Band Banjo


(Swimming Lessons) There's a girl in my class called Tabitha.  She mostly goes first.  My teacher put us down in deep water.  We climbed on the side of the wall to the deep water.  She put a pole in water.  Then I grabbed it and climbed all the way down and sit on bottom.  
(Science) First I got a box.  Then I got two rubber band.  Put it on box.  Take pencil and stick it under the rubber bands.  I make low pitch and high pitch.
(Math) I counted to 100 with Mom.  Mom count with Me.  



P-Grade 4 aka The Peacemaker


Rubber Band Banjo


In PE class we played flag football.  
Our butterflies hatched out of their cocoons.  They are drinking sugar water and eating oranges.  
My math is getting hard.  
I'm reading James and the Giant Peach.  I like it.  
In Science, we made rubber band banjos.  We studied pitch.  We put rubber bands around a box.  We stuck a pencil underneath the rubber bands. 
I did First Language Lessons.  I'm studying prepositions and prepositional phrases.  I circled prepositions in sentences.  


4 comments:

  1. Hi Heather-this is my first time visiting your Blog. I like what I see and will be sure to stop by again. I love that you have your kids narrate their accomplishments for your weekly update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your children's narratives of their week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant idea to let the dc tell about their week. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good week! I think my son would like to narrate his week ... maybe I'll try this, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete