About Me

My photo
I am a crunchy Christian mom to four boys and one girl ♥ We are a homeschooling Family. Our family can't stay still for long. We are always on the move. Our homeschool is inspired by The Well Trained Mind, Waldorf, and a bit of Charlotte Mason. Our lives are inspired by The Word of God, Jesus, Miracles, and sunshine when we can find it.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Form Drawing

DSC08193

I've been interested in form drawing for awhile.  I have been hesitant because I felt like there was some secret knowledge.  I'm just starting with my Grade 1 son. We are doing forms as they introduced in A Journey through Waldorf Homeschooling Grade 1. I think it will be some good practice.  He has already been doing some basic letter writing.  So, he played with some of the ones we did.  But, honestly I will not stop because I can't do it "right".  We enjoyed the process and I think that is what matters to us.

Here is a slideshow from Millennialchild.
Curriculum and more information from Barbara Dewey and Christopherus.
Some lovely examples at Nature Nest.
A Youtube video from A Little Garden Flower. And, the DVD set.
A form drawing lesson on a chalkboard at Flickr.  (Check out the entire set of chalkboard drawings.  They are gorgeous and I'm not quite there yet=))

2 comments:

  1. I visit your site from time to time and it's been a while, so maybe you explained this already. What is Waldorf? A set of texts? A method? Also, why does your latest entry say Feb. 21, 2010? That is this coming Sunday... just wondering. Thanks! Krystal in VA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fixed the date. Technology is always perfect now is it.

    Waldorf is a method of education originating in Germany. I've talked about it a bit in past posts and have some links in my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete