About Me

My photo
I am a crunchy Christian mom to four boys and one girl ♥ We are a homeschooling Family. Our family can't stay still for long. We are always on the move. Our homeschool is inspired by The Well Trained Mind, Waldorf, and a bit of Charlotte Mason. Our lives are inspired by The Word of God, Jesus, Miracles, and sunshine when we can find it.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Moving towards Waldorf

We really are moving towards Waldorf.  I have purchased a Grade 1 curriculum and doing some work with my youngest son.  But, I've been reading and studying and moving towards Waldorf.  I'm not going to go crazy and drop everything we are doing now.  Partly because it would be a lot of work with the VA program we belong to.  I don't want to rewrite all their goals for the year.  So, I hope you enjoy some of the changes you see here.  


I hope it helps others who feel like maybe it's too late for their family or because they are Christians or because their income level is too low.  Those are the reasons I have fought over the years.  But, honestly something has changed and opened for us.  I think that change was our little girl.  But, it's blossoming into so much more.


Some of my favorite Waldorf Inspirations currently are:
The Online Waldorf Library  This site is amazing.  There is an unlimited amount of information to completely overwhelm you =)
These youtube videos from A Little Garden Flower were the kick in the pants I needed to get going.   
Waldorfmama has a lot of eye candy to devour.  Just like any candy, you could get downright sick if you thought you needed to run out right now and make the perfect Waldorf home.  Enjoy the beauty.  See what posts you are more attracted to.  Make a wishlist for upcoming birthdays.  I love her daughter's bedroom.  I've been wanting to change our colors since I was sick during my pregnancy.  I spent way too much time in there.  I've been looking everywhere and her pics really resonated with me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment